Ulster Bank – building

Ulster Bank - building

This building is the former Connswater branch of the Ulster Bank at No. 431-437 Newtownards Road.

Designed by Blackwood and Jury and opened in 1918 on what had previously been the site of a grocer’s and a delph shop, it was damaged by the Luftwaffe on the 15th April 1941 but re-opened some six weeks later after repairs.